23 March 2016
Applicant type: Company
I would like to request information under the Freedom of Information Act regarding contracts awarded to particular companies over the last five years.
1. Has there been an agreement or contract with a company/person to undertake searches for next of kin?
2. Please provide the name of the company/person this agreement or contract has been awarded to.
3. On what basis/criteria has the council selected the above mentioned company/person?
4. Has the council asked for Finders International Genealogists or Estate Research to undertake searches for next of kin or to locate home owners of empty properties?
5. Does the council have an agreement or contract with Finders Genealogists or Estate Research?
6. How many cases have been referred to Finders International Genealogists or Estate Research?
7. Please provide names of the cases referred to Finders International Genealogists or Estate Research?
8. Please provide a copy of a contract or agreement which enables the council to work with Finders International Genealogists or Estate Research (including details supplied by the company)
9. Please send a copy of the contract or agreement which was used to secure a contract with the company to locate next of kin for either public health funerals or empty/derelict homes (including details supplied by the company).
10. If the council does not use Finders International Genealogists or Estate Research, to locate next of kin or home owners of vacant, derelict or unused property, please provide details of the name of company used, the criteria used for this company's selection and a copy of the agreement or contract (including details supplied by the company).
11. Has the council put out a contract, over the last 5 years, to search for a supplier to undertake next of kin searches or to locate owners of empty homes? Please provide a copy of the contract and who it was awarded to (including details supplied by the company).
Advice given - 30 March 2016
2) Not applicable
3) Not applicable
4) Estate research for next of kin
6) Approximately 6, no record currently held of referrals.
7) We cannot provide names of cases; please see our website for further details
8) Not applicable
9) Not applicable
10) We use the treasury solicitor
11) No contract exists
Please note that our responses were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of release, and have not subsequently been updated. This information should be considered an historical record only.
Updated: 13 Apr 2017