21 March 2016
Applicant type: Student
1. Does the authority have a social media policy on the use of social media by its employees? Social media includes but is not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Please say if it is a separate policy of part of your Code of Conduct?
2. If so can I please have a copy of the policy and any additional guidance provided to staff sent to me electronically in an accessible format e.g. .docx or .pdf format?
3. It may be that the use of social media is covered by the authority having a wider e-communications policy, in which case can I please have a copy of that sent to electronically in an accessible format e.g. .docx or .pdf format?
4. What was the date when the social media or wider e-communications policy was introduced?
5. Can you please tell me for the period since the introduction of the social media or e-communications policy up to the 31st December 2015, how many employees have been investigated for breaching the policy on social media use? NB If the authority does not maintain central records of disciplinary action against employees of LEA Maintained schools then that data can be excluded.
6. For each investigation please state whether the allegation was proven and what the disciplinary outcome was? Discipline in this case is limited to the issuing of a written warning, final written warning or dismissal for gross misconduct or that the employee resigned. Any case where an appeal or Employment Tribunal hearing is outstanding should be excluded.
7. For each investigation please state the nature of the allegation and the name of the social media involved e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
8. For each investigation please provide information of the age of the employee in the following bands:
16 to 24,
25 to 34,
35 to 44,
45 to 54 and
NB These bands match those used by OFCOM for its data on use of social media in their annual Communications Market report as this information requested will be benchmarked against that.
9. For the same time period what percentage of the total disciplinary proceedings taken against employees were related to use, misuse or abuse of social media. NB If the authority does not maintain central records of disciplinary action against employees of LEA Maintained schools then that data can be excluded.
10. If the authority does not have a specific social media policy then can you please answer questions 5 to 9 for the time period from 1st January 2012 to 31st December 2015.
Partly disclosed/partly refused - 5 April 2016
Please see the response attached
Please note that our responses were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of release, and have not subsequently been updated. This information should be considered an historical record only.
Updated: 13 Apr 2017