21 March 2016
Applicant type: Journalist
1. How many Approved Mental Health Professionals (AMHP) did your local authority have warranted to make decisions under the Mental Health Act as of 1 April (or nearest available date) on each of the following years - 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16? Please list the actual number of AMHPs warranted (if it is easy to also list the FTE equivalent as well then please include this too).
2. How many Mental Health Act assessments did your AMHP service carry out in each of the following years -2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16?
3. Does your AMHP service record cases where lack of bed availability has impacted the service's ability to carry out its duties? If so, please provide figures for how many times this has happened in each of the following years 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16.
4. Has your local authority undertaken any analysis of whether it has sufficient AMHPs in post in 2014-15 or 2015-16? If yes, please attach a copy of this report(s).
5. Please attach any correspondence your director of adult services has received during 2014-15 or 2015-16 from the Department of Health, CQC or your local police force, about AMHP availability. Please also include a copy of the reply correspondence from your director.
Partly disclosed/partly refused - 20 April 2016
Please see the attached PDF
Please note that our responses were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of release, and have not subsequently been updated. This information should be considered an historical record only.
Updated: 13 Apr 2017