18 March 2016
Applicant type: Journalist
1. How many children's play areas were managed by the local authority in each year since 2009-10?
2. How many children's play areas have been built and refurbished by the local authority in each year since 2005-06?
3. How many children's play areas (existing or planned) have been closed or cancelled because of cuts to the local authority's budget?
4. Whether the local authority charges for the use of any children's play areas under its control and, if so, when this charge was introduced?
Info provided - 11 April 2016
1) In 2009/10-2012 we managed 50 children's play areas.
In 2013/14 we managed 51;
In 2014/15 we managed 52
In 2015/16 55 (83 including all play areas e.g. MUGA/Fitness etc)
2) All play areas were fully upgraded between 2003-2007 using Parks Improvement Funding; therefore between 2008/09 - 2012 no work was required. From 2013-2016 we refurbished approximately 18 of these play areas and 14 new play areas were built since 2006.
Please note that our responses were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of release, and have not subsequently been updated. This information should be considered an historical record only.
Updated: 13 Apr 2017