14 March 2016
Applicant type: Journalist
1) How many new primary and secondary schools/academies are opening in 2016? How many school places will be provided in each school? Please can you list what they are called and whether they are primary or secondary schools.
A) How many new primary and secondary schools/ academies are opening in 2017/2018/2019/2020/2021/ 2021+ (if no date has been allocated yet please say how many planning applications/ schools are expected to be built but please be clear as to which is a planning application and which schools have been given the go ahead).
Please can you give me answers in numbers per year and separately for primary and secondary schools/ academies. Please can you also tell me the name of the school if they have one yet.
B) Also how many primary and secondary schools/academies (please answer separately for both) have opened within the last 10 years including 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015?
2) How many primary and secondary schools/ academies are extending their premises in time for 2016 intake of pupils? (please answer separately for both). How many school places will this create? Please complete sections a and b as above e.g. how many are planning to extend in the next 10 years, how many have extended in the last 10 years? How many school places will/ have been created?
3) How many primary and secondary schools/ academies (please answer separately for both) are using temporary schools and temporary classrooms for 2016 intake of pupils (please elaborate on how it is temporary). How many places will this create? Please complete sections a and b as above e.g. How many schools used temporary accommodation over the past 10 years/ and how many are planning to use temporary accommodation in the next 10 years? How many places has/ will this create?
4)How many primary and secondary schools are moving premises for 2016? In the next 10 years/ past 10 years - how many places will/ has this created?
5)How many primary and secondary schools are acquiring new buildings for 2016? In the next 10 years/ past 10 years - how many places will/ has this created?
6) What other solutions are councils and schools coming up with for growing pupil numbers in both primary and secondary schools?
7) How many secondary and primary school pupils do you have a place for in 2016/2017 intake?
8) How many secondary and primary school pupils do you not have a place for at the moment in 2016? How many places need to be created?
9)How are you achieving this?
10) How many pupils will you need to find a place for in the next 10 years/ past 10 years- please break it down year by year if you can/ give any predictions.
Info provided - 23 March 2016
Please see the response attached
Please note that our responses were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of release, and have not subsequently been updated. This information should be considered an historical record only.
Updated: 13 Apr 2017