Drug and alcohol support

If you need support with drug or alcohol use, or are worried about someone else, there is a wide range of free services which may be able to help.

Confidential treatment options include advice, assessment and counselling.

Richmond DrinkChecker

DrinkChecker was created to help people to understand more about alcohol and its effects.

The website has an alcohol drink check test to support residents to recognise if drinking is harming their health, signposting to advice, support and treatment if necessary.

How to get help

You can be referred to local services by your GP or other health or social care professional. You can also refer yourself but you will need to make an appointment by phone for most services.

Richmond Integrated Recovery Service

Richmond Integrated Recovery Service work with anyone aged 18 and over who live in the borough and experience problematic alcohol or substance misuse issues. They provide a range of different treatments and interventions delivered by a multidisciplinary team of professionals, aiming to provide an accessible, local, high quality, integrated service that promotes recovery, health and wellbeing.

Contact the service on 020 8891 0161 or at referrals.richmond@cgl.org.uk.

LiveWell Richmond

LiveWell Richmond provides help and support to people wanting to make changes to their lifestyle.

Other services

Talk To Frank offers a confidential helpline for anyone in the UK concerned about drug use.

Updated: 12 July 2019