The courses are themed around current exhibitions displayed at the gallery and which experiment with architecture, sculpture, painting and the natural world. The creative sessions are taking place at the gallery from Monday 13 February through to Thursday 16 February.
The sessions include:
- Miniature World! Work with sculptor Michelle Reader to create a miniature wilderness complete with trees, plants and animals. A mixture of techniques including clay, cardboard cut-outs, collage, drawing and wire sculpture to create a tabletop world.
- Make & Draw! Work with artist Josie Dick and take inspiration from the nature surrounding Orleans House Gallery. Create artworks using papier-mâché, collage and drawing.
- Printed Patterns! Work with artist Dawn Smithers to create abstract patterns and designs based on the current Stables Gallery exhibition. Use these designs and make printed artworks using dry-point printing techniques.
- Great Painted inventions! Work with artist Charlotte Cranidge to create drawing machines and handmade paint brushes. Use them to create bright and colourful abstract masterpieces.
- Paint a Landscape! Work with artist Natalia Moscatelli and be inspired by the abstract paintings of Stables Gallery artist Martin Davison. Create artworks responding to the five senses to design your own painted landscape.
- Glorious Games! Work with artist Kate Kennedy to create your own board game to take home! Use print, sculpture and collage to create different parts of the game, then test it out with your friends.
- Amazing Architecture! Work with artist Ursula Kelly to take inspiration from buildings designed by architect Zaha Hadid. Design, create and construct your own building and each one will become an interactive game!
Richmond Council’s Cabinet Member for Arts, Cllr Meena Bond, said:
“There’s no need to allow boredom to set in over the half term holiday with all these fantastic activities taking place at Orleans House Gallery. So nurture your child’s artistic talents and get them onto one of these courses today. It will be tremendous fun and run by professional artists so your child will learn from the best.”
To book your places visit Arts Education Activities or call 020 8831 6000.