Sources of support
- Business support from Trading Standards
- COBRA (the Complete Business Reference Adviser – free to Richmond Library members).
- Conference facilities
- Go Green business: Advises on good environmental practices.
- New food businesses
- Under-age sales
- Richmond Retail and Business Alliance
- Could your business use some extra funds?
- Search for funding for social enterprise, voluntary and community organisations
- Civic Pride Fund
Local support and advice
- A list of town centre management boards and associations
- Greater London Enterprise (GLE) Owned by the 33 London boroughs and provides a wide range of business services.
- Richmond Chamber of Commerce: A membership organisation providing business support, training and networking opportunities to local businesses.
- South London Biz: Provide support for those starting up in business or have been trading for a year or so.
- South London Business: Promotes investment and business development throughout South London.
- West London Business: Promotes investment and business development throughout West London.
- The Best of Richmond: A local business network and directory for the Richmond area.
- Start Up Britain - essential advice and resources for those thinking of starting or growing a business
Gov.uk is a new government portal that offers free, impartial information, advice and step-by-steps guides to help businesses to start up, improve or grow. It covers all you need to know about regulations, finance and support available.
- Starting up – a step-by-step guide on starting a business.
- Licence finder - find our what kind of licence you need.
- Networking events and training directory - you can search for an event or training session near you.
- Employing people – this also covers payroll information.
- Taxes and returns - includes VAT and debt information.
- More information about setting up a business
Other national organisations
- Companies House: Incorporates and dissolves limited companies; examines and stores company information delivered under the Companies Act and related legislation, and makes this information available to the public.
- Envirowise - Practical environmental advice for business.
- Department of Business Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (BERR): Invests over £400m annually through grants, loans and subsidised consultancy.
- Skills Funding Agency: Provides training and workforce development.