Care homes and housing options
- Staying at homeYou might be finding it difficult to cope at home but there are a number of ways that you can be supported, so you can remain living there independently for as long as possible.
- Sheltered and supported housingSheltered and supported housing schemes help older people to continue to live independently, with easy access to shared facilities, social and leisure opportunities and support available if needed.
- Supported living for people with a disabilityThere are a number of ways that people with a learning or physical disability, sight or hearing loss, or mental health needs can be supported with their daily living.
- Residential homesA residential home is a place where a number of people live together, looked after by care staff who are available 24 hours a day.
- Nursing homesA nursing home is a place where a number of people who need nursing care, because of illness or disability, live together, looked after by trained nursing staff.