Tourism and travel
The visitor economy is crucial to the borough’s economy and town centres. We welcome approximately 4.5 million tourists every year, generating an estimated total economic benefit to the borough of £469 million. There are several large and well-known tourist venues in Richmond upon Thames, attracting visitors from all over the world, plus a number of lesser known centres of interest.
The tourism team has a programme of promotional and support activities to encourage visitors into the borough and to develop tourism as an essential and substantial part of the local economy. These include:
- Producing a local visitor brochure, VisitRichmond Guide, and distributing it locally, nationally and internationally.
- Ensuring the presence of VisitRichmond Partnership and its attractions during major local events.
- Supporting the lesser-known attractions by publishing and disseminating their information.
- Working with large and small accommodation providers to help boost their business and ensure good visitor experiences.
- Providing opportunities for online ticket sales for local event organisers.
- Other initiatives aimed at enhancing the profile of Richmond upon Thames as a visitor destination, e.g. a seasonal Visitor Information Point at Richmond train station or social media profiles: Facebook and Twitter.
The VisitRichmond Guide 2013 for iPad is now available to download from the App Store.
Find accommodation, attractions and events
Information about the many tourist attractions, forthcoming events and much more can be viewed on the official tourism website for Richmond upon Thames, www.visitrichmond.co.uk. You can also sign up to the eNewsletter there to be kept up to date about popular events and recent stories.
You can contact VisitRichmond by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.