Surrendered Vehicle Scheme
We will remove and dispose of an unwanted vehicle free of charge as long as the vehicle is located in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, and the owner is a resident in any of the 32 London Boroughs.The registered owner will need to complete a surrendered vehicle form.
If you wish to surrender a vehicle, please download and complete the surrendered vehicle application form(pdf, 66KB).
What we will do
- Our nominated contractor will remove the car within three days of receiving all completed forms.
- We will inform the DVLA when the car has been disposed of, normally within seven days of disposal.
- We will send you an application to surrender a vehicle within 24 hours of us receiving your request.
- We will ensure our website is up to date so you can download the application form online.
- We will ensure that if you contact us we respond to you within our Council’s customer service standards.
What we would ask of you
- Please do not abandon your vehicle. Contact us to request a surrendered vehicle application form by telephone on 08456 122 660, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please ensure that the vehicle can be accessed at all times, e.g. not in a garage or locked area. We do not require the keys to the vehicle.
- Please make sure that all personal property and items you wish to keep are removed at the time the application form is sent to us.
How we did last month
You can find out more about our service performance for surrendered vehicles.