The stock policy is intended to provide a framework for collection management, purchasing, planning, standard setting and benchmarking
This stock policy explains:
- How the library service contributes to achieving the priorities of Richmond upon Thames Borough Council in terms of its stock.
- How we choose the books, DVDs and other materials you find in your libraries.
- How we maintain and promote those materials.
- How we circulate stock between libraries to ensure all libraries are able to provide the widest choice of reading material.
- Why and how we decide to keep some items and withdraw others.
- How we measure stock performance and how this helps to inform stock development.
Contact the Information & eServices Team
If you have any questions or comments, contact the Information & eServices Team or your local Library.
44 York Street
Telephone: 020 8734 3308
Fax: 020 8891 7904