Early years Foundation Stage
- View current training courses.
- Designated training requirements(pdf, 34KB)
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Terms and Conditions(pdf, 51KB)
Early Years settings are required to complete the Qualification Audit. This ensures the Workforce Development Team are able to target support for settings and plan for local training and development needs. Completion of the audit is essential and failure to do so may result in a delay of any applied training courses being confirmed.
Bursary application form and conditions
- Apply online
- Guidance on applying for a bursery(pdf, 28KB)
- List of training providers for Early Years qualifications(pdf, 19KB)
Family and Parenting Institute website
The Family and Parenting Institute has created a new website (funded by DCSF) to support Early Home Learning. It has sections for Practitioners, Parents and Creating Services that are full of useful information.
Early Years Professional Status
Allergy forms and guidelines
If a child has an allergy and requires medication all early years settings are encouraged to use the following guidelines and forms:
- Consent form(pdf, 31KB)
- Contacting emergency services(pdf, 14KB)
- Healthcare plan for medical needs(pdf, 25KB)
- Risk assessment(pdf, 16KB)
- Severe allergy referral protocol(pdf, 20KB)
- Staff training record(pdf, 17KB)
Sector Endorsed Foundation Degree in Early Years
Foundation Stage forum
In order to provide extra support to all our practitioners, we have arranged for full free membership of the Foundation Stage forum.
Early Years Professional Forum
Phone: 020 8831 6353
Twickenham Training centre
53 Grimwood Road