This page is part of a historical archive and will not be updated.
New or recently updated notices can be found on the new Public and traffic notices page.
Issued By: Andrew Darvill Assistant Director, Traffic and Transport
Somerset Road and Elmtree Road, Teddington
Temporary waiting restrictions - to facilitate works for the redevelopment of the site at Somerset House and 14 Elmtree Road
NOTICE OF MAKING TTMO 2012 NO. 3221
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 – SECTION 14
TEMPORARY WAITING RESTRICTION
SOMERSET ROAD AND ELMTREE ROAD, TEDDINGTON
- The Council of the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate works for the redevelopment of the site at Somerset House and 14 Elmtree Road they have made an order which continues in force temporary waiting restrictions in Somerset Road and Elmtree Road, Teddington.
- Whilst the works take place no person may permit a vehicle to wait :
(a) on the north side of Somerset Road, Teddington, from a point opposite the common boundary of Nos 20 and 22 Somerset Road north-eastwards for a distance of 24 metres; or
(b) at the junction of Somerset Road and Elmtree Road for distances of 15 metres in both directions on the north side only of Somerset Road and for 15 metres on both sides of Elmtree Road; or
(c) on either side of Elmtree Road from its junction with Somerset Gardens northwards for a distance of 42 metres between the hours of 9.15am and 2.30pm on Monday to Fridays inclusive with effect from Monday 28 May 2012.
- Nothing in the Order will apply to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works; or
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a traffic warden.
- These temporary restrictions were introduced by notice given on 28 May 2012 under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended and are being continued in force by the order referred to in paragraph 1 above. The order, which was made under section 14(1) of the said Act, will remain in force until the works are complete, or for a period of 18 months, whichever is the shorter. It is anticipated that the works will be completed within 12 months.
- The prohibitions will apply only during such time and to such extent as indicated by prescribed traffic signs.
- Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
Assistant Director, Traffic and Transport
Civic Centre, 44 York Street, Twickenham TW1 3BZ
Dated 28 May 2012