Richmond upon Thames offers green space and quality of life and yet is only a stone’s throw away from the city and within easy reach of Heathrow Airport.
- 30 minutes drive away and on several direct bus routes across the Borough (111, X22, 285, 490 and 726), Heathrow Airport is the world’s busiest international airport, offering flights to over 180 destinations, including frequent key long haul destinations.
- Only 50 minutes by over ground train to Gatwick Airport, the second largest airport in the UK, serving over 200 destinations.
- Railway stations serve most of the towns and smaller centres within the borough.
- Up to eight off-peak trains an hour to London Waterloo on South West Trains taking approximately 20 minutes.
- Average journey times to other key cities across the UK from Richmond Station are 2hr 20 minutes to Manchester, 2hr 50 minutes to Liverpool, 1hr 30 minutes to Birmingham, 2hr 40 minutes to Leeds.
- Less than 1 hour to Reading from Twickenham Station.
- Direct connections to Eurostar in just 43 minutes mean that Richmond is less than 3hr 30 minutes from Paris and Brussels.
- 50 minutes to Stratford for the Olympic Park.
By London Underground
Richmond upon Thames has two stations on the London Underground district line; Kew Gardens (Zone 4) and Richmond (Zone 5). Trains leave every 10 minutes taking 22 minutes to Earls Court (Zone 1).
- Easy access from and to Central London; Heathrow Airport and Gatwick Airport as well as the M4, M3 and M25.
- 36 bus routes serve the borough – two 24 hour services (the number 33 and 281) and a night bus N22.
- 111, X22, 285, 490 and 726 various locations on to Heathrow Airport.
During the summer months, Thames River Boat services run from Westminster Pier through Barnes and Mortlake with stops in Kew, Richmond and Hampton Court.
Where to find out more
Visit www.visitrichmond.co.uk for more ideas of what to see and do and how to get to and around Richmond upon Thames.
Invest in Richmond upon Thames
We’re London and more
Telephone: 08456 122 660