Richmond Council can provide advice and information on a range of issues, including:
- available properties and associated planning
- licensing and business rates guidance
- start-up and business development
You can find out how to find your business in the Richmond Business Guide and Directory.
Other business support organisations
Detailed below you will find information about a range of business support organisations and business networks which support the borough locally.
Business Link helpline
If you are unable to access the internet or online business support services, the helpline provides a quick response service to people with simple questions about starting or running a business. It also provides a more in-depth service for those with more complex enquiries.
Telephone: 0845 600 9006
Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
thebestofrichmond is a guide to the London Borough of Richmond. You will find hundreds of recommended companies in their business directory and lots of interesting things to do in the events section.
Every business that is featured on their site has been visited and checked out by themand typically recommended by other local people - so you can use them with confidence because they know that they truly are one of the best at what they do.
If you run a local business and would like to get involved, please contact Nick Taimitarha on 020 3002 4100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request details about our Business Membership options.
Read their views about what it's like working in the area on the testimonials page.
MCC Business Solutions
If you are new to business in the Richmond area and would like advice or guidance on setting up a new venture, growing your existing company or developing your market influence, then advice is at hand with MCC Business Solutions, where one-to-one consultation sessions can be booked at local centres.
MCC Business Solutions is the business support arm of Merton Chamber of Commerce. They provide a one stop source of help offering support for all those hoping to start up in business or running a small business in the south London boroughs of Kingston, Merton, Richmond, Lambeth, Wandsworth and Sutton.
Their aims are to:
- Offer help tailored to local needs
- Focus support on removing barriers or providing assistance at each key stage of business development
- Provide coordinated information for small businesses on their regulatory obligations
- Offer a selection of training and education services that meet the needs of small businesses and their employees
- Bring about the integration of all local small business support services to maximise the use of public funds
- Ensure that all members of the community have access to the services - focusing particular attention on minority groups
Richmond Borough Chamber of Commerce
Richmond Borough Chamber of Commerce is a well established organisation committed to enhancing, promoting and supporting all types and sizes of businesses within the Borough of Richmond upon Thames.
The membership ranges from one person start-ups needing advice to national companies making local links as part of their corporate social responsibility.
Independent since it began over 100 years ago, the Chamber enjoys a close relationship with the Council and its members.
The Chamber is run by a group of members elected annually, who are charged with the responsibility of helping local business prosper and grow.
You can also read their views about working in Richmond on the testimonials page.
The Richmond Chamber of Commerce
1 - 3 Richmond Road
Richmond Retail and Business Alliance
The Alliance is an informal network of business and traders associations’ representatives, Town Centre Managers and other business and community representatives from all the towns and villages within our borough.
Set up and chaired by Cllr Pamela Fleming, Strategic Cabinet Member for Community, Business and Culture, the group meets bi-monthly usually in York House, Twickenham. In addition to the over-20 strong representation from local businesses, the meeting is attended by the Council’s Economic Development Unit’s officers, including Business and Retail Champion and Tourism and Events Manager; Head of Planning Policy and Design and other organisations and council departments, depending on the agenda for the meeting.
The meetings aim to:
- provide a forum for businesses, retailers and their representative organisations to share issues and experience;
- raise awareness of Council initiatives to assist businesses;
- highlight funding opportunities and services;
- identify issues of concern so the council can explore how to address them;
- encourage local businesses to share and use one another’s experience and expertise for growth and provide networking opportunities.
Representatives from all areas share news about what is happening locally in business and the borough’s communities, as well as sharing expert knowledge on business matters.
Find out more on the Richmond retail and business alliance page.
Richmond and Twickenham Times – Talking Business
Richmond and Twickenham Times has a wide circulation in the Borough. A monthly business supplement will enable you to promote your business at very competitive rates. This is backed up by business web pages that are updated daily, providing a useful medium for reaching both businesses and residents.
Telephone: 020 8744 4262
Invest in Richmond upon Thames
We’re London and more
Telephone: 08456 122 660