Web design standards
We try hard to make the website accessible to the widest possible audience.
With this in mind we have incorporated the following features where possible:
- A consistent design throughout the website using cascading style sheets.
- Information is grouped into manageable sections, based on topics, not departments.
- The site design allows you to tab through it using the TAB key on the keyboard.
- Relative font sizes are used. This means that you can change the font size in your browser.
- Information conveyed with colour is also available without colour.
- Tables use captions and summaries along with row and column headers.
- We use text alternatives ("alt text") for images where needed.
- We aim to clearly identify the target of each link.
- We provide advice on changing your browser accessibility options.
We expect all web designers, developers and suppliers whom we commission to work on our website or intranet to comply with our Web standards for 3rd party suppliers.
Contact the Corporate Web Team
If you have any questions or comments, please contact the Corporate Web Team.