What is an obstruction
There are many examples of an obstruction, which include but not limited to:
- Builders' skips – check if a skip is licensed before reporting
- Scaffolding or hoardings
- Builders materials
- Temporary works including traffic lights - check if temporary works are scheduled before reporting
- Overhanging tree branches, hedges
- Mud/debris on the road
- Mixing concrete or mortar on the highway
- Unauthorised vendors or traders
- Encroachment of highway boundaries *
- Discharge of water onto the highway
- Blocking "Rights of Way"
- Plants and bushes
- Illegal signs
*Encroachments are where ownership of areas of the highway has been unlawfully assumed.