Before you start
You will be asked to confirm that:
- You acknowledge that if the registration did not take place in London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, the Register Office may not hold the record, and you will be advised to contact relevant register office.
- You acknowledge the replacement certificate application requires a fee to be paid.
- You acknowledge that no changes can be made to this application once submitted.
If your marriage took place in a Church they may still hold the register, meaning you would need to apply to them for your certificate. You may wish to check with the Church before completing this application.
Each certificate costs £10 plus the cost of the delivery option you select.
Please note that next and same day delivery options are currently unavailable. We can offer our standard delivery service only.
Free (certificate fee only). Certificates issued within 5 working days and can be collected or posted (second class).
Special Delivery (UK) or International Signed For (Overseas)
Service Charge + £9.00 (Only available on Standard Service)
- If your certificate is found in an open register you will receive a £3 refund as open register certificates only cost £7.
- The charge for the type of service is paid per certificate e.g. if you apply for two certificates, next day priority service (in a closed register), the total fee will be £58.
- You cannot make any changes to your application once you press submit. Please ensure that you have selected the correct type of service and have advised of the correct delivery address.
- Once you submit your application, you cannot cancel your order or apply for a refund.
You will need
- To know the type and number of certificates you require.
- Your details.
- The purpose for which the certificate is required.
- The details of the requested certificate.
- A credit or debit card for payment.
What happens next
- You will receive a confirmation email.
- The Richmond upon Thames Register Office will search for your records. If we do not hold this certificate we will notify you by email within 2 working days and issue a refund.
- If the certificate is available we will provide the certificate by the delivery method you requested.
- The Register Office and the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames cannot accept responsibility for certificates posted. If they do not arrive, you will be required to apply and pay the fees again.
- If you choose to collect your certificate, we will phone you to advise when it is ready for collection.
Start my application
Medium - This form usually takes a few minutes to complete