Early Years Consultants
Every setting in the borough is assigned an Early Years Consultant (EYC). This person works with the setting to provide advice in a range of areas including SEN practice.
The EYC supports settings by:
- Supporting implementation of the Equality Act (2010).
- Providing advice and practical support with the graduated approach to the identification, assessment and intervention for children within the SEN Code of practice.
- Providing appropriate support for setting based SENCOs and staff working with children.
- Developing and sharing good practice in relation to SEN.
- Promoting partnership with parents.
Early Years Consultant SEND
- Supports transition in and out of settings for children with the most complex needs.
- Provides advice around inclusion and legislative issues for children with complex needs.
- Ensures that training is provided for setting based SENCOs.