Children’s Centres aim to provide children and their families with the best start in life. Children’s Centres offer a fun, friendly and safe place for children to play and develop, and a place for families to talk to each other.
You can meet a wide range of professionals who can support you from pregnancy to when your child starts school. Whether you are a parent-to-be, a Mum, Dad, Grandparent or carer, you will be welcome.
Every Children’s Centre has outreach workers who can provide extra help when you need it. They could meet you at home, at a community venue or at the Children’s Centre to talk through any concerns you may have. If you feel you would like some support to be able to attend an activity they can accompany you. They are also available to offer support to help families access specialist support should they need it.
Where are the children’s centres?
- Ham - Ham Children's Centre
- Whitton - Heathfield Children's Centre
- Barnes - North Barnes Children's Centre
- Hampton - Hampton Children's Centres
- Teddington - Stanley Children and Family Centre
May half term programmes
Summer programmes 2013
Each of our children's centres has a fun variety of activities for you and your little ones to enjoy. Find out more about a centre near you:
- Ham Children's Centre(pdf, 1802KB)
- Hampton Children's Centre(pdf, 782KB)
- Heathfield Children's Centre(pdf, 443KB)
- Kew, Mortlake and Barnes Children's Centre(pdf, 1382KB)
- Stanley Children and Family Centre(pdf, 1075KB)
Please complete this form if you would like us to send you a hard copy of your children's centre's programme.
What services do children’s centres offer?
Children’s centres are a partnership between the Council, schools, the Primary Care Trust, Richmond Housing Partnership, the Metropolitan Police, the voluntary and community sector, Jobcentre Plus, the private sector and local families.
Children’s centres offer:
- Early years provision
- Family support and parental outreach
- Child and family health services
- Parental involvement
- Links with Jobcentre Plus
- Support and outreach services to parents/carers and children who have been identified as in need of them
- Information and advice to parents and carers on a range of subjects
- Support to childminders via a co-ordinated network
- Drop-in sessions and other activities for children, parents and carers
- Midwifery and health visiting services
- Adult education and family learning
- Specialist services such as speech and language therapy and child and adolescent mental health support
Contact the Family Information Service
For more information, please contact the Family Information Service.
Family Information Service
Education, Children's and Cultural Services Directorate,
44 York Street
Telephone: 020 8831 6298
Our hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.