Voucher prices increased 10 June 2011 in line with other parking charges. If you have old vouchers priced at 50p, £1.00 or £2.00 then these may still be used for parking until 30 September 2011. Contact the Council using the Parking contact details after this time to see whether you are eligible for a refund.
Vouchers can be purchased from local stockists displaying the Parking Vouchers sign, or you can pay to park in voucher bays using the RingGo cashless parking system.
- Where can I use parking vouchers?
- How long can I stay?
- Where can I buy vouchers?
- Do I need proofs?
- How do I use the vouchers?
- I have a Blue Badge, can I park in voucher bays?
- When would I be liable for a penalty charge notice?
Where can I use parking vouchers?
Voucher Parking operates in community parking zones within the borough in the following areas.
|S||St Margarets South|
Information on the times and locations of voucher bays within these zones can be found on the CPZ Times and Maps page.
As with any parking, make sure you pay attention to the signage next to the bay you are parking in for information specific to it.
How long can I stay?
Visitor parking spaces allow for a maximum of either 2 or 4 hours stay.
Where can I buy vouchers?
Parking vouchers can be bought from local businesses displaying the parking voucher sign.
Vouchers are sold either singly or in books of 10 for the following amounts:
- £0.55 for 30 minutes
- £1.05 for 1 hour
- £2.10 for 2 hours.
Do I need proofs?
No - anyone can purchase vouchers and you don't need to prove residence or vehicle ownership.
How do I use the vouchers?
On arrival at the car parking space, check the sign to determine the maximum stay and tariff. Scratch off with a small coin the day, month, date, hour and minutes (to the next five minutes)
- Fold the top edge of the voucher
- Hang inside the window nearest the kerb
- Close the window firmly with the front of the voucher facing outward so that the parking attendant can read it
- Display 1 or 2 vouchers (identically marked).
To stay for 30 minutes you must display one 50p voucher. To stay for longer periods display up to 2 vouchers side by side as follows.
|Time||Type of voucher|
|Up to 30 minutes||1 x 55p voucher|
|Up to 1 hour||1 x £1.05 voucher|
|Up to 1 hour 30 minutes||1 x £1.05 and 1 x 55p vouchers|
|Up to 2 hours||1 x £2.10 voucher|
|Up to 2 hours 30 minutes||1 x £2.10 voucher and 1 x 55p voucher|
|Up to 3 hours||1 x £2.10 voucher and 1 x £1.05 voucher|
|Up to 4 hours||2 x £2.10 vouchers|
I have a Blue Badge, can I park in voucher bays?
Yes - Persons displaying national Blue Badges do not have to pay or observe time limits in the parking bays.
When would I be liable for a penalty charge notice?
It is an offence:
- To fail to display a clearly scratched voucher or to scratch out more than five areas
- To display further vouchers once your selected parking period has commenced
- To park for longer than the maximum time limit or to overstay the period of time purchased
- To indicate an incorrect time when the vehicle is first parked
- To return to the same parking space within one hour of leaving.