Townmead Road waste and recycling charging policy
Is there a charge for disposing of my waste and recycling?
There is no charge for most household waste. However, there is a charge for trade waste and some household and other waste depending on where and how it was produced or transported. We accept trade waste recycling for a reduced rate.
Charges for waste and recycling at Townmead Road apply if your waste meets any of the following criteria:
- Waste generated by or related to a business/trade/event.
- Waste being transported by a third party receiving payment for transporting it.
- Waste not from your own home (waste from properties that you let is chargeable).
- Waste on behalf of a person from another household not present with you.
- House improvement and construction and demolition waste generated by a contractor such as a builder/decorator, even if from your own home.
- House improvement and construction and demolition waste from outside the borough.
- Waste from outside the West London Waste Authority area (London Boroughs of Brent, Ealing, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow and Richmond).
- Waste from outside the borough brought in a van.
- Waste from within the borough brought in a van without an accepted form of photo ID and proof of address.
Photo ID and proof of address
Site staff may need to check that you live in the borough or within the West London Waste Authority area. Therefore, please have photo ID as proof of identity and proof of address available when you visit.
Acceptable photo ID
- Driving licence photocard
- Freedom/Rail pass photocard
Acceptable proof of address
- Council tax bill (less than 12 months old)
- Gas or electricity bill (less than six months old)
- Water bill (less than 12 months old)
- Phone bill (not mobile phone bill, less than six months old)
If you are in doubt about the acceptability of your photo ID or proof of address, contact the site in advance of your visit on 020 8876 3281.
Waste carrier's licence
If you are carrying waste as part of your business or with a view to profit, you may need to be registered for a waste carrier’s licence. Check the Environment Agency website to see if you are required to register. Waste carriers using Townmead Road must be able to show on request their waste carrier's licence or proof of application/renewal.