Policy and Research and Design Teams
The Policy and Research and Urban Design teams are responsible for all policies on new development and change of use in the Borough. The section performs the following functions:
- The preparation, monitoring and review of the Council's development plan (Local Development Framework), supplementary planning guidance and other environmental policy statements
- Advising on the design of the street scene and public spaces and designing environment improvements
- Designation of conservation areas and formulating and publishing proposals for the preservation and enhancement of them.
- Providing specialist input (policy, design and listed building matters) to the determination of planning and listed building applications.
- Keeping the definitive rights of way map under continuous review.
- Maintaining and analysing social and economic data e.g. Census of Population, indices of deprivation and other local survey work
- Advice to businesses seeking premises in the Borough