When clearly displayed in a vehicle, scratch cards enable your visitor to park in a residents permit bay.
Simply scratch off the corresponding details that are needed for your visitor to park, and place the card face up on the nearside dashboard.
Three steps to buying scratch cards
1) Check your eligibility
- Your property must be within a Controlled Parking Zone.
- You must not have another resident visitor parking account, such as Pay As You Go, or already have more than the permitted scratch card allowance.
- Your property must be your 'usual place of abode', i.e. you must normally spend at least four days each week living and sleeping at the premises. Having an office, shop or hotel in the zone does not entitle you to resident visitor parking.
- Your property must be eligible for a permit under the Town and Country Planning Act. View a list of properties not eligible
- You can apply for scratch cards online
- Order up to 6 books (each book contains 10 scratch cards).
- Proofs will be required (unless you have supplied them to us in the last 12 months, or have renewed or bought a residents permit in the last 12 months). Only send in copies of proofs as these will not be returned, they will be securely destroyed.
- Discounts are available for the over 60s (proof of age may be requested).
- A printable form(pdf, 35KB) is also available.
3) Receive your scratch cards
- We can send them to your postal address.
- Alternatively you can choose to collect them from a nominated library or the Civic Centre in Twickenham.
See more information for further details and other payment options.
Already have scratch cards?
Find out more about using your scratch cards.