Traders scratch cards
When clearly displayed, in the vehicle, scratch cards enable a trader to park in a residents permit bay
There are three steps to buying Traders Scratch cards:
1. Check that the property is eligible
- The property must be within a community parking zone (legally known as controlled parking zone)
- Check your property's eligibility
- The property where the work is being carried out is not eligible, under the Section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended). View a list of properties not eligible.
- The quickest and easiest way is to apply online
- There is no minimum amount of Scratch cards you have to buy.
- Payment is taken at time of application. We accept most cards except Diners and American Express.
- Proofs will be requested when applying, to ensure you have a reason for parking at the works site within a community parking zone. All proofs MUST show the address. Only send COPIES as proofs cannot be returned. Examples include:
- Copy of quote for works
- Letter from resident
- Copy of architect plans
- A printable form(pdf, 33KB) is also available.
3. Receiving your Traders Scratch Cards
- The easiest way to receive your scratch cards is to have them posted to your Traders Address or the address where the work is taking place
- Alternatively you can chose to collect them from a nominated library or the Civic Centre
For further details and other payment options, see our information about scratch cards page.
Already have Trader scratch cards permits?
If you already have Traders scratch cards and are unsure of how and where to use them, see our guidance on using scratch cards.