Training course details
Information Sharing elearning
Appropriate and timely information sharing is the key to delivering better, more efficient services that are coordinated around the needs of children, young people and families.
Early intervention and child protection are both dependent on good information sharing practice, and all those working with children and young people, directly or indirectly, should understand how to share information on a case-by-case basis appropriately.
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand why information sharing and obtaining consent is important
- Know the seven golden rules for information sharing
- Know who can give consent and when to share information without consent
- Know the questions you should ask yourself when you are asked to or wish to share information
- Know how to share information securely using a variety of communication methods e.g. by post and email
Location and dates
This is a home study e-learning course that you can complete at your convenience.
Which professionals would benefit from attending this training?
Key Stage/ age of children
- Cross phase
- ME Learning