Apply for a skip licence
A licence is required to place a skip on a public road or highway.
To apply for a skip licence on a path or highway you will need to be a Registered skip company and have Public Liability Insurance.
How to apply
- The quickest and easiest way is to apply online.
- Payment of the fees will be taken at the same time as the application.
- If the licence is approved, the licence will be emailed to you.
- Should your application be refused we will let you know why and will refund any payment back to the card you paid with.
- If you cannot apply online telephone us on 08456 122 660.
- The skip location must be in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and any other guidance specified on the licence.
- The licence is valid for a maximum period of up to 3 weeks, after which it may be renewed.
- Licences not in a CPZ - The licence will be effective from the date it is issued and this can take up to 3 working days following the application date.
- Licences in a CPZ - If the licence is for a skip within a CPZ, a bay suspension is needed. We require five working days notice, this includes up to two working days to process the application and three days to display the parking suspension notices.
- A skip licence fee is £55 valid for a maximum period of three weeks.
- If the skip is to be placed in a CPZ bay, there will be an additional admin charge of £92 which is valid for the period of the licence, and a daily charge for the bay.
- The daily charge will depend on the CPZ.
- Total charges will automatically be calculated when you apply.
- Payment is taken in advance by debit or credit card for the licence and any bay suspension (if required).
- Credit card payments are subject to a handling fee. There is no handling fee for debit card payments.
- Receipts will be issued by email.
- Refunds will be issued back on to the card that the original payment was made from. This can take between 3-5 days.