One day street trading
If you are looking to street trade on a one day basis (eg for an event at Twickenham Stadium or other similar event) you will need a street trading licence for that day.
Licences may be issued to any location following consultation with the appropriate highway authority and the police but should either authority reject the application the licence will not be issued.
Applying for a licence
You will need to:
- Complete the relevant paper application forms(pdf, 28KB) / online form
- Submit two passport size photographs, taken within the last 12 months of the applicant and signed on the reverse by the applicant (see note below)
- Provide a copy of your public liability insurance to the value of £5,000,000 to cover the activity of street trading
- Provide proof of home address
- Pay the relevant fee
- Submit the application at least 28 days prior to the date on which you wish to trade (see notes)
Licences will not be granted without all documentation being provided.
If a company or partnership makes applications for more than one licence, phtographs must be submitted of the individual responsible for the business eg. the manager.
The 28 day period may, in exceptional circumstances, such as a short notice event at Twickenham Staduium, be reduced.
Contact the Licensing Team
If you have any questions or comments please contact Licensing
44 York Street
Telephone: 020 8831 6455
Fax: 020 8891 7713