What we will do:
- We will ensure buildings managed by the London Borough of Richmond, which have suitable toilets, are accessible to the public during opening hours, for example the Civic Centre, libraries, pools.
- We will enter into agreements with suitable businesses that will allow the public to use their toilets during their opening times.
- We will pay an annual contribution towards the maintenance costs of those organisations that join the scheme.
- We will meet with interested businesses at their premises to discuss the scheme, please call 0208 891 7117 to make an appointment.
- We will provide discrete signs, which can be displayed on a door or window to let the public know that they can use the toilets.
We encourage and assist in the arrangement for those hosing events in the Borough to arrange additional temporary toilet facilities.
- We will achieve up to 85 business sign-ups for the Community Toilet Scheme with an appropriate split across wards according to area need by March 2010.
- We will ensure that our web pages are up to date with current information.
- We will ensure that if you contact us we respond to you within our Council’s customer service standards.
What we would like you to do;
- Please use toilets and do not foul public or private property.There is an £80 Fixed Penalty Notice for street urination.
- Please leave toilets clean after use and inform a member of staff if there is a problem with the toilet facilities.
You can report a problem with a council toilet online (including the Community Toilet Scheme).Please include details of the relevant business or premises location.