Changes to the RichmondCard scheme
From June 2011 the RichmondCard scheme changed to remove the link to vehicle CO2 emissions on parking tariffs and introduced for borough residents
- 30 minutes free parking, or
- a 10% discount for residents under 75, or
- a 20% discount for residents over 75, or
- free parking for Band A vehicles for residents only (first registered on or after 1 March 2001 with engine CO2 emissions of 100g/Km or less)
Old scheme RichmondCard holders may continue to use their cards depending on the existing coding, i.e.
- Residents with 'Medium' band cards will be able to continue using their old cards for the 30 minutes free parking or 10% discount
- Residents over 75 will need to send their cards back to the Council at the address below with proof of date of birth for the card to be re-coded for the 20% discount
- All other card holders will need new RichmondCards. Old cards will still be usable, but only for paying at the standard tariff.
What is the RichmondCard?
The RichmondCard is a standard sized plastic card with chip which stores your vehicle registration, whether you are entitled to ‘resident’s discount’, and any funds you have paid onto it. It can be used to pay for parking.
When you insert it into any pay and display machine in the borough, the tariff will automatically be adjusted based on the details stored on the card and any payment will be taken from the funds you have on the card. You can use the card at machines in any Council run car park or any on-street pay and display machine.
Every time you use the card, the cost of the ticket purchased will be deducted from the funds on the card and the pay and display ticket printed will show your vehicle registration number. Only the details of one vehicle can be loaded onto a RichmondCard and no personal details are encoded onto the card.
Who can apply?
Anybody can apply but only residents will get free parking and discounts. Everybody else will receive a card which can be used to store funds and pay for parking at the standard rate.
Other ways to apply
- By post - Fill in a RichmondCard application form(pdf, 37KB) and send it with proofs and payment (if required) to Parking Permits, PO Box 466, Twickenham TW1 9JT
Top up online
If you would like more information or have a question, then you can contact us online or call 08456 122 660 (9am to 5-15pm, Monday to Thursday, 9am - 5pm Fridays (excluding Bank and Public holidays).