People's Network in Richmond
As part of the People's Network we have more than 150 computers available for public use in all Richmond Borough libraries. Key features of the network are:
- Public computers are free to use!
- All computers have Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) and Internet Explorer
- All PCs have a CD-writer and every library has a scanner
- You may use computers on our public network for a maximum of 2 hours per day - this is a borough-wide limit
- You are allowed up to four sessions per day, and the maximum session length is one hour
To log in to any of the public computers in Richmond Borough libraries, library members should use their library card and their 4-digit PIN.
How to book time on a public computer
To manage the increasing demand for public PCs we have a reservations system. Computer sessions can be booked in advance by:
- Telephoning your local library or visiting in person
- Using a dedicated booking terminal in some of our larger libraries
All sessions may be reserved up to seven days in advance with a maximum of four advance bookings at any one time.