What to do if you are concerned about a child
If you or a child is in immediate danger you should always phone 999
If you have concerns about a child, contact our specialist team by:
- Calling 020 8891 7969 (020 8744 2442 for out of hours / weekends)
- Tell us online. All details are kept in the strictest of confidence; please ensure you complete the form in a secure environment.
If you are a member of the public, we will require basic information from you such as:
- Your name
- Details of the child that you have concerns about.
This information is taken to help our specialist safeguarding team make enquiries, and contact you again if necessary. Information you supply is held in the strictest of confidence and not disclosed to any party; including those connected to the child you have concerns about.
Monday to Thursday - 9am to 5.15pm
Friday - 9am to 5.00pm
Out of hours please contact the Emergency Duty Team on 020 8744 2442
Other ways to report your concerns
- Call the local specialist Police child protection team on 020 8247 6331.
- NSPCC – for help if you are unsure whether to report your concerns. Call 0808 800 5000 to speak in confidence , or text anonymously to 88858.
Who are the team?
As a local authority, we are committed to protecting and safeguarding children and young people in the Borough. The Single Point of Access team (SPA) are specifically trained to handle your concerns, liaising with other teams to investigate your concerns. The team also provides information and advice across a range of children and family services.
Contacting the SPA
Phone: 020 8891 7969
1st Floor, Civic Centre,
44 York Street