Garden recycling bin collection prices
To get a garden recycling bin collection you will need to:
- own a Richmond council garden recycling bin; and
- have subscribed to the collection service.
There are two discounts available from the standard price:
- 25% discount for customers 75 and older
- A reduction in price if you pay by debit or credit card
Garden recycling bins
As well as subscribing to the collection service you will need a council garden recycling bin. If you already own a bin you do not need to buy another.
|1. Do you need a bin?*||Yes||£25|
* Garden recycling bins are only for sale to customers who also subscribe to the collection service
Subscription to collections
In addition to owning a Richmond council garden recycling bin, you will also need to subscribe to the collection service. Contracts always end on the 31 August. Because of this the date you chose to join will affect the length of your subscription and the price you pay.
We currently offer two types of subscription:
12 month subscriptions
If you join the service any time from 1 September to 28 February your contract will end on the 31 August the following year and you will be charged a 12 month annual fee of £60 (see table below for discounts).
6 month subscriptions
If you join the service any time from 1 March to 31 August your contract will end on the 31 August of the same year and you will be charged a reduced 6 month fee of £30 (see table below for discounts).
|2. What is your age?||Under 75 years old||75 years and over**|
|3. How would you like to pay for the service?||Payment by Cheque||Payment by Credit***/Debit card||Payment by Cheque||Payment by Credit***/Debit card|
|4. When is the 1st of next month?||Winter season 1 Sept to 28 Feb||£60 Annual||£50 Annual||£45 Annual||£35 Annual|
|Summer season 1 Mar to 31 Aug||£30 Half Yearly||£25 Half Yearly||£22 Half Yearly||£17 Half Yearly|
**If requested proof of age may be required to claim this discount
***Credit card payments are subject to a handling fee
These fees are subject to annual price reviews.
- If you are under 75 joining the service in January and also require a bin, the total cost will be £85 (£60 for the collection and a one off charge of £25 for the garden recycling bin)
- If you are over 75 joining the service in April and require a bin, the total cost will be £42 (£17 for the collection and a one off charge of £25 for the garden recycling bin)
- If a garden recycling bin is not required as there is already one at your property, you would only pay for the collection