How to apply
- Call us on 020 8891 1411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss whether your block is suitable for the scheme.
- Once the suitability of your flats has been agreed, and subject to collection vehicle capacity, we will deliver bins in accordance with your individual block's needs.
- Letters explaining the recycling in flats service will be delivered to all residents.
- Reusable recycling bags for storing recycling in your property are available – request one online.
Bags with twin compartments are available for storing recycling in flats
What can be recycled through flats recycling?
Mixed paper, card and carton bins
- Paper, magazines, newspapers
- Flattened cardboard
- Phone directories
- Junk mail, envelopes
- Food and drink cartons (e.g. Tetra Pak™)
Mixed container bins
- Glass bottles and jars
- Food and drink cans
- Plastic bottles
- Other mixed plastic containers (e.g. food trays, yoghurt pots, margarine and ice cream tubs, etc)
- Plastic bags and film, shrink or bubble wrap
- Plastic toys
- Polystyrene packaging or beads
- CDs/DVDs or cases
- Garden pots
- Other waste – pyrex glass, window glass, mirrors
About the flats recycling service
- The bin lids will be locked to reduce contamination and vandalism. There are small apertures to insert the recyclable materials.
- The recycling service is free. There is no charge for supplying the bins or the collection service.
- The wheeled bins are usually placed near the normal domestic refuse bins (or in any other suitable location approved by the managing agent and/or residents).
- Collections are carried out weekly on the same day as landfill rubbish. We will provide larger or additional bins if the existing bins consistently become too full between collections.
- Food waste recycling collections are not available from flats or estates where there are five or more units. This is due to collection and storage difficulties but possible solutions are being investigated.
Some flats may also be able to have garden waste collected. Call us on 020 8891 1411 or email email@example.com to discuss.
Flats with communal locked rubbish bin stores
To ensure that waste can be collected from locked bin stores it is best to use a code system, for example a punch pad or combination lock.
We cannot guarantee that waste will be collected from locked bin store areas if keys are needed for access.
Please help us keep your collection reliable by supplying us with the following access information either by phoning the call centre 020 8891 1411 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name and location of flats
- Contact name for flats, for example caretaker, warden or manager
- Contact details for that person, address, telephone and or email
- How to access the bin store area, including details of access codes
All information supplied will be kept and used in accordance with our personal information policy.