Planning application forms
We encourage you to submit your planning application online via the Planning Portal. Alternatively you can download the forms and return then by post to:
London Borough of Richmond upon Thames Development Control
If you intend to submit an application and accompanying information, please read our Personal Information Policy.
Please make sure that you have checked our validation checklists (National and Local Requirements) which are available under each section before submitting your application. If you are submitting an application electronically please see additional information below. If you do not send all the information that we need your application will be deemed invalid.
- 1 or more homes and 100 sqm or more of commercial development will be required to conform to the Sustainable Construction checklist, including the requirement to meet the Code for Sustainable Homes level 3 (for new homes), Ecohomes "excellent" (for conversions) or BREEAM "excellent" (for other types of development) in accordance with policy CP1 of the adopted Core Strategy April 2009. An Energy Statement(pdf, 89KB) is likely to be required to be submitted with such applications.
- Design and Access Statements are required to be submitted for all planning applications (except home extensions unless they are in a Conservation Area and also change of use)
- Planning fee charges
- Buy a map to support your planning application
Submitting files electronically or on a CD
- Guidance on Submitting electronic files with planning applications(pdf, 41KB)
- Optimising file sizes for email or internet use (Planning Portal website)
Following the introduction of the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) all applicants for full planning permission, householder applications and reserved matters following an outline planning permission, and applicants for lawful development certificates, are required to provide the following information.
Please read the associated Guidance Notes on the Planning Portal, before you complete the CIL Additional Information Form.
- CIL Additional Information Form (Planning Portal pdf)
- CIL Additional Information Guidance (Planning Portal pdf)
- CIL Assumption of Liability Form (Planning Portal pdf)
- Advertisement Consent
- Certificates of Lawfulness
- Conservation and Heritage
- Full Planning Application
- Householder Planning Application
- Miscellaneous Planning Forms (vary a condition, submit reserved matters, extend time limit, non-material amendment)
- Outline Planning Application
- Prior Notification
- Tree Works
Important information when making applications
Any documents submitted for consideration in respect of planning applications (for example: documents submitted as part of an application and representations relating to an application) are made available for inspection by the public and on the public website, this includes personal information such as names and addresses which form part of the Statutory Register.
If you do not wish your email details or telephone number to be viewed, please enclose on a separate piece of paper marked 'sensitive'. Signatures can be redacted on request.
Please avoid any details that could compromise your own security such as holiday dates or times when you will not be on the premises. On electronic communications do not show your email address or phone number if you do not want these to be viewed. Please clearly specify in your documentation any personal information that you do not want placed on the website. We will always write to you if we require further information.