Building work, replacements and repairs to your home

Many types of building work in the home need to be notified to and approved by your Local Authority Building Control.

The Local Government have a building work leaflet that highlights the types of building work that Building Control will need to be notified of. (The Building Control section do not generally control that element of work, unless the work is carried out under the Competent Persons Scheme (CPS) installer who is registered with the right Competent Persons Scheme).

You can also find guidance on domestic building projects in our ebooklet Guide to extending your home.

Updated: 21 February 2013