CAPITAL PROGRAMME 2012/13 – 2016/17
Councillor True moved, seconded by Councillor Samuel:
(1) That the Council approve the overall capital budget for 2012/13 as part of the overall financial strategy
(2) That the Council approve the Prudential Indicators as set out in Appendix B to the report.
Councillor Knight moved, seconded by Councillor Eady:
In recommendation 1(1) at end insert:
‘subject to the following changes:
1. a reduction in the budget of £25 million by the removal of funding for sixth forms
2. the addition of:
(i) £25 million for the provision of extra secondary school places, either through a new inclusive secondary school or the expansion of existing schools;
(ii) An additional £1 million per annum for the provision of extra affordable housing;
(iii) £500,000 to enable certain proposals in the Outer London Fund second round bid for Whitton, in particular library relocation capital works;
(iv) £400,000 for the re-provision of a permanent public library in Heathfield Ward as part of the planned development of Heathfield Infant and Junior Schools; and
(v) £350,000 for the improvement and modernisation of Heatham House youth centre, including disability access
The amendment was put to the vote and FELL.
The substantive motion was put to the vote and was CARRIED.
(1) That the overall capital budget for 2012/13 as part of the overall financial strategy be approved.
(2) That the Prudential Indicators as set out in Appendix B to the report be approved
TREASURY MANAGEMENT POLICY AND STRATEGY FOR 2012/13
(1) That the Treasury Management Policy for 2012/13 as set out in Appendix A be approved
(2) That the Treasury Management and Investment Strategy for 2012/13 as set out in Appendix B be approved
(3) That the Investment Criteria for 2012/13 as set out in Appendix C be approved.
Updated: 4 April 2014