Councillors' Attendance Statistics
Issue - meetings
CHANGES TO THE CONSTITUTION
The purpose of this report is to set out the Committee work programme for 2010/11, to give an opportunity to consider possible training and to note the broad principles behind scrutiny.
Report of the Head of Democratic Services attached.
- Appendix 1 - Terms of Reference, item 7 PDF 79 KB
- Appendix 2 - Education and Children's Services Work Programme, item 7 PDF 72 KB
- Appendix 3 - Scrutiny Suggestion Form, item 7 PDF 41 KB
There was a suggestion that co-opted members be sought, in order to gain experience for the committee from different areas of the community. These included seeking someone from the Children and Young People’s Board and a young person leaving care. The Chairman agreed to take this suggestion to the meeting between overview and scrutiny Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen being held on Monday 21 June 2010.
The committee requested that it receive a ‘digest’ which provided information on any issues that arose within the committee’s remit and a summary of events that would be taking place.
RESOLVED that the following items be received at the next committee meeting, subject to any amendments at the agenda planning meeting:
· School exam results
· Preventative Services, and budgetary constraints – to include a review of the effectiveness of the ‘Quindrat’ arrangements
· An update on efficiencies
Meeting: 25/05/2010 - Council (Item 11)
- Amended - Part 4 Council Procedure Rules, item 11 PDF 132 KB
- Part 4 Overview and Scrutiny, item 11 PDF 78 KB
(1) That the changes to the Constitution (relating to Part 4) as set out in Appendix A of the report be agreed.