FOI request details
27 February 2012
Applicant type: Public
I would like to make a request under the FOI Act, regarding car park management companies and use of Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) camera systems.
For the purposes of the Act, the date of your receipt of this request will be 28 February 2012.
Under the FOI Act please see below:
1. For the attention of your council trading standards office: how many complaints did you receive (from members of the public) from 1 Jan 2011 to 27 Feb 2012, concerning the use of ANPR cameras by private parking companies and parking penalty charges?
2. For your council trading standards office: Of these complaints, please provide specific details, i.e. location of ANPR scheme, nature of the complaint and name of company operating the cameras.
3. What is your council policy regarding ANPR cameras used by private parking companies within you council boundary?
4. Do you licence, regulate or hold private parking companies using ANPR systems to account in any way?
5. If yes to question 4 please give details of your ANPR operating guidelines/code of conduct?
6. Please give details of all ANPR monitored private parking schemes in your council area, including the name of the operator and location.
7. Do you receive any form of revenue from private parking management companies? If yes please provide full details.
8. Do you issue any data protection guidelines to private parking management companies using ANPR systems?
9. How many ANPR private parking schemes are located within your council boundary?
10. Please provide a copy of your guidelines for the operation of ANPR camera systems installed by private parking companies.
11. Do you receive any form of personal data from private parking management companies who use ANPR camera systems? If yes what type of data?
I would be grateful if you can supply an electronic copy of your documentation.
Partly disclosed/partly refused - 15 March 2012
Please see the attached response
Please note that our responses were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of release, and have not subsequently been updated. This information should be considered an historical record only.