FOI request details
14 February 2012
Applicant type: Journalist
1) Have any members of council staff been paid through a private firm, rather than being paid directly [in the last 5 years]?
2) What are the names and job titles of the people mentioned above?
3) What sum of money was paid in this way each year?
4) What sum of money would have been payable in tax on the sum mentioned in 3), were it paid directly to the employee as a salary?
5) Have any consultants at the council previously been on staff payroll?
6) What are the names and job titles of the people mentioned in 5)?
7) How much have the consultants in 5) been paid each year [in the last five years]?
Information provided - 1 March 2012
1) All Council Staff are paid via PAYE on the Council Payroll.
2) Not applicable
3) Not applicable
4) Not applicable
5) All Consultants complete an 'Employment Status' questionnaire which is then checked / approved or not approved for Self Employed status. This check includes a check for their name on the payroll of pension system. On the odd occasion that this has happened the consultant is issued a fixed term contract and paid on the payroll. The Council may engage a Company for work to be done - the Council would not necessarily know the make up of the staff employed by that Company or need to know if they had ever worked for London Borough of Richmond.
6) Not applicable
7) Not applicable
Please note that our responses were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of release, and have not subsequently been updated. This information should be considered an historical record only.