Statutory Office (Richmond upon Thames Register Office)
1 Spring Terrace, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1LW
There are several rooms within the building that are licensed as 'Richmond upon Thames Register Office'. All of the rooms that are licensed as Register Office rooms are working offices, and the room that your ceremony will take place in will depend on availability due to other ceremonies or appointments: you will not be able to choose the room. The pictures show two of the rooms which are licensed as the Register Office.
You should note that although the Statutory Office and our licensed room '1 Spring Terrace' are in the same building, by law they are different venues and a notice given for one venue will not be valid if you choose to have your ceremony in the other: see Giving Notice for further details.
By choosing to have your ceremony in the statutory room, you accept that:
- Only two guests will be in attendance – these two guests will act as your witnesses. Please note that it is not possible for Registration Officers to act as witnesses, and that witnesses cannot be provided for you
- No provision will be made, should you arrive with more than your two witnesses
- Children will not be able to attend the ceremony
- Your ceremony will not include any enhancements such as music, poetry or readings, or personalised vows - although you can exchange rings if you wish
- You cannot take photographs or videos within the statutory room, but can use the gardens for photographs if you wish
A statutory ceremony is suitable for couples who are having another ceremony, and need to have gone through a legally recognised ceremony beforehand.
For information about fees, visit the registration service fees page.
You are welcome to come in and view the room during normal office hours. You do not need to make an appointment, however if there is a ceremony taking place, you may need to wait.
Contact us for further information.