Community Development Executive Group and Community Development Advisory Group
The Community Development Executive Group (CDEG) and the Community Development Advisory Group (CDAG) are subgroups of the Richmond Local Strategic Partnership (RLSP), focusing efforts on five areas of relative disadvantage in the Borough. Their aim is to tackle disadvantage and reduce the increasing inequality gap, supporting the vision of the Richmond Community Plan.
The five areas are:
- Ham Area Profile(pdf, 211KB) and map(pdf, 1068KB)
- Hampton Nurserylands and Dean Road area profile(pdf, 212KB) and map(pdf, 1192KB)
- Heathfield area profile(pdf, 205KB) and map(pdf, 1054KB)
- Castelnau area profile(pdf, 212KB) and map(pdf, 1218KB)
- Mortlake area profile(pdf, 211KB) and map(pdf, 1248KB)
Community Development Workers operate in each of the five areas. At the end of 2008 they carried out Focus Groups to consult with their local communities on their needs and wishes.
Through consideration of these results and the contributions of Working Together Groups, Action Plans for the areas have been created:
- Ham 2009-11(pdf, 458KB)
- Hampton 2009-11(pdf, 224KB)
- Heathfield 2009-11(pdf, 222KB)
- Castelnau 2008-11(pdf, 167KB)
- Mortlake 2009-11(pdf, 118KB)
CDEG Terms of Reference(pdf, 36KB) have been agreed and are available to view. A review of these Terms of Reference is scheduled for June 2010. CDEG is chaired by Gillian Norton, Chief Executive of London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, and the membership includes:
- Council Officers
- Cabinet Member for Communities
- Richmond Housing Partnership (RHP)
- Richmond NHS
- Richmond Council for Voluntary Service
- Richmond Adult Community College
- Job Centre Plus
CDAG is an extended version of the Executive Group and includes representatives from the Working Together Groups in the five areas. CDAG Terms of Reference(pdf, 34KB) have been agreed and are available to view.