The role of the Trading Standards Service is to promote a fair and equitable trading environment in the borough and to ensure consumer products sold in the borough are safe. Trading Standards have a range of responsibilities for enforcing and advising on criminal consumer legislation as follows:
- Enforce consumer legislation
- Offer advice to businesses
- Visit and inspect trading premises every year
- Deal with criminal customer complaints and trade enquiries each year
- Investigate offences, and
- When necessary, prosecute offenders
Duties are carried out through a programme of inspections of trade premises, dealing with complaints and enquiries and special projects. However we can only investigate criminal breaches of the law when they take place in this borough.
To find which Trading Standards Service is able to help you visit the Trading Standards Institute web site.
For all consumer enquiries, please contact the Citizens Advice consumer service.
Trading Standards Business Enquiries
For businesses within Richmond Borough.
44 York Street
Online enquiry form
Telephone: 020 8891 7117
Fax: 020 8891 7713