Richmond Retail and Business Alliance
The Alliance is an informal network of Business and Traders associations’ representatives, town centre managers and other business and community representatives from all the towns and villages within our borough.
Set up and chaired by Cllr Pamela Fleming, Strategic Cabinet Member for Community, Business and Culture, the group meets bi-monthly usually in York House, Twickenham. In addition to the over-20 strong representation from local businesses, the meeting is attended by the Council’s Economic Development Unit’s officers, including Business and Retail Champion and Tourism and Events Manager; Head of Planning Policy and Design and other organisations and council departments, depending on the agenda for the meeting.
The meetings aim to:
- provide a forum for businesses, retailers and their representative organisations to share issues and experience;
- raise awareness of Council initiatives to assist businesses;
- highlight funding opportunities and services;
- identify issues of concern so the council can explore how to address them;
- encourage local businesses to share and use one another’s experience and expertise for growth and provide networking opportunities.
Representatives from all areas share news about what is happening locally in business and the borough’s communities, as well as sharing expert knowledge on business matters.
Meeting agendas and minutes
Download summaries of points raised in last meetings.
- 12/06/2012 (MS Word, 27KB)
- 20/03/2012 (MS Word, 26KB)
- 19/01/2012 (MS Word, 24KB) (Greener upon Thames presented during the meeting. See the presentation(pdf, 410KB) and minutes (MS Word, 110KB) of the meeting).
- 10/11/2011 (MS Word, 24KB)
- 15/09/2011 (MS Word, 25KB)
- 07/04/2011 (MS Word, 24KB)
The group does not operate a formal membership scheme. If you are interested in attending or raising an issue see the list of areas represented and use the contact relevant to your area. If your area is not included in the list, contact our Economic Development Unit on 08456 122 660.