Do you use this procedure for all complaints?
No, there are some complaints that have a separate procedure.
Complaints which have separate procedures
- parking tickets (Parking Charge Notices)
- planning application appeals
- housing benefit appeals and council tax decisions
- school admission appeals
- special educational needs appeals
- complaints about children's social services
- complaints about adults' social services
Please ask the service you have been dealing with, and they will advise you about the correct appeals or complaints procedure for each of these areas.
Complaints which do not come under any procedures
Some issues cannot be dealt with under the Council’s formal complaints procedure, and do not have a separate procedure:
- complaints involving an insurance claim against the Council or one of its contractors
- complaints where legal proceedings have been started
- complaints about contractual matters made by commercial suppliers to the Council
Complaints about Council policy
If you want to complain about a Council policy you should take your concerns to your local councillor. You can get a list of the names and addresses of all councillors from the reception area at your local library, from our website, or you can phone us on 020 88917232.