Consultation on adult mental health rehabilitation services in Richmond upon Thames
This consultation is now closed.
Purpose of consultation
The consultation is part of a programme of work to improve local mental health services as set out in Richmond's Adult Mental Health Joint Commissioning Strategy 2010-15.
Nationally, mental health services have been changing. Evidence shows that it can be better for a person's mental health to be treated in the community or their own home, rather than in a hospital setting. This means, that if we can develop more local services in the community we can support people to gain more independence, promote recovery and social inclusion. We can also meet the needs of more service users and use our resources more efficiently.
What are we proposing?
Our proposals are based on the latest good practice and clinical evidence and in line with local and national policy. We are proposing to change how we commission adult mental health rehabilitation service by:
- Introducing a community rehabilitation team
- Developing more mental health accommodation in the community
- Moving away from hospital based care at Riverside Lodge
You can download a copy of the consultation document and find out more at www.southwestlondon.nhs.uk/haveyoursay/consultations/Richmondmentalhealth
Have your say
We are keen to know what you think about our proposals. You can share your views with us by:
- completing the consultation survey online
- email to richmondMH@participate.uk.com
- completing the form at the end of consultation document and returning it to FREEPOST RMH Consultation
You can also discuss our proposals at one of the following meetings:
- For people who use mental health services in Richmond upon Thames
24 July 2012, Vestry Hall, 21 Paradise Road, Richmond TW9 1SA. 3.00pm - 5.00pm
- For carers of people who use mental health services
24 July 2012, Vestry Hall, 21 Paradise Road, Richmond TW9 1SA 6.00pm - 8.00pm
- For everyone with an interest in the future of mental health services in Richmond upon Thames
5 September 2012, Cole Court, 150 London Road, Twickenham TW11 1HD 10.00 am - 12noon (followed by lunch)
Email richmondMH@participate.uk.com or telephone 0808 156 7751 to book your place or for more information.
Start date: 25 June 2012
End date: 14 September 2012
Directorate: Adult and Community Services
Service area: Adult and Community Services
Topics and background information
What topics does this consultation cover?
Target Groups: Black / Minority Ethnic Groups, Carers / Parents, Disabled People, Non-users of Service, Older People, Service Users, Staff
Consultation Method: Online Survey, Public Meeting
Geographic area: Borough Wide / All Wards;
- This form is no longer available