The range of goods and services is infinite. If goods or services are described in any way and they don’t match up to the description then Trading Standards can investigate. Problems often investigated include second hand cars, household goods, cowboy builders, overcharges and so on. Also goods must now be clearly marked with a price and that price must not be misleading.
- Goods not matching up to descriptions
- Misdescribed services, including packaged holidays
- Property misdescriptions
- Credit agreements, including advertisements and rates of interest
- Cowboy builders
- Videos and computer games
- Price displays and misleading prices
If you wish to report a trader to Richmond Trading Standards, you can do so via the Citizens Advice consumer service at www.adviceguide.org.uk.