Chewing gum removal
As a part of our aim to make our Borough clean, safe and green, we are committed to removing chewing gum from pavements.
Chewing gum is a nuisance if it is not disposed of correctly as it sticks to shoes and can damage some surfaces and carpets.
What we will do
- We will remove chewing gum from pavements within the Borough where it is deemed necessary on an annual basis
- Our contractor will remove chewing gum using a specialised removal machine.
- We will ensure that if you contact us we respond to you within our Council’s customer service standards.
What we would ask you to do
- Please wrap your used chewing gum in a piece of paper / tissue and put it in a bin.
- Please do not spit or drop chewing gum on the pavements/or roads, as you would be committing the offence of littering.
- If you believe there is a particular area that is in need of chewing gum removal, please let us know by contacting our Street Cleansing Team.