RISE Disability and inclusive activities
Actionnaires clubs provide opportunities for blind and partially sighted children of school age to participate in sports in a safe, structured and fun environment.
For more details on Actionnaires visit the Action For Blind People website.
Dance and drama
Fusion 2, an opportunity for adults with disabilities to get fit and active through dance and drama. Sessions include dance routines and drama activities with opportunities to work on choreographed dance routines, drama and acting skills. The sessions will take place in a fun and relaxed environment, with the chance to socialise and develop fitness, coordination, self confidence and teamwork.
- Day and date: Monday 15 April - Monday 22 July 2013 (not 6 or 27 May),
- Time: 6pm to 7pm
- Venue: Hampton Sports and Fitness Centre, Hanworth Road, Hampton, TW12 3HB.
- Cost: £39.00 per person.
For more information please contact the Sports Development Team. Fusion dance and drama is delivered in partnership with Combination Dance Company.
Golf is available at Hampton Court Palace Golf Club. For more details of to book, please contact Karl or Jamie: Phone: 020 8977 2423. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. PAs/Carers/parents welcome too and there is no charge.
RISE Multi sport club (Fortnightly)
The Saturday Multi-Sports Club will be a rolling programme of inclusive sports and activities.
There are Multi sport clubs for:
- 8 to 15 year olds(pdf, 139KB). Please note that all young people must have appropriate support staff with them during this session.
- 16 to 25 year olds(pdf, 164KB).
- Date: Fortnightly
- 20 April
- 4 May
- 1, 15 and 29 June
- Time: 10.30am - 12noon.
- Venue: Shene Sports and Fitness Centre, Park Avenue, East Sheen SW14 8RG.
- Cost: £5.40 / £5.00 with Leisure Card.
For more details, contact the Sports Development Team or Shene Sports & Fitness Centre on 020 8878 7578.
These sessions are great for all children, but especially those new to swimming, who find other open sessions stressful or lack confidence in the water. Enables children with special needs to access the learner pool in a more relaxed setting. No booking required, just turn up. These sessions are lifeguarded but not supervised.
- Day: Tuesdays
- Time: 6pm-7pm
- Venue: Pools on the Park, Richmond
- Cost: £3 per child and carer plus £1 per sibling
RISE to Shine
In 2012 the Sports Development Team started a new RISE project - RISE to Shine. This is a project to get young people who live or go to school in the borough involved in the London Youth Games.There are different age categories and disability groups for each sport. To be eligible for the training and to compete, you must live or go to school in the borough. More details on RISE to Shine for London Youth Games 2013 can be found in the information letter(pdf, 33KB).
Weekly trampolining sessions for people with additional needs and disabilities. Sessions are for people of all ages.
- Day and date: Saturday 20 April - Saturday 20 July 2013 (not 1 June)
- Time: 11.30am - 12.30pm
- Venue: Orleans Park Sports Centre, Orleans Park School, Richmond Road, Twickenham TW1 3BB
- Cost: £66.30 / £59.80 with a Leisure Card.
Please contact the Orleans Park Sports Centre directly on 020 8090 9695 to book onto a course.
With local basketball club, Richmond Knights. For young people aged 10-18 years. All equipment provided.
- Day and date: Thursday 18 April - Thursday18 July (not 30 May)
- Time: 6pm - 7pm
- Venue: Teddington Sports Centre, Teddington School, Teddington, TW11 9PJ. Please note that due to exams in the Sports Hall at Teddington School, the venue may change.
- Cost: tbc
For more information please contact James Merchant, Richmond Knights Coach on 07900 602 380 or contact the Sports Development Team. To book a place on the course, please contact Teddington Sports Centre on 020 8977 0598.
For any further information about RISE, inclusive and disability specific sport or exercise activities, please contact us.
Contact the Sports Development Team
Sports Development Team
44 York Street
Telephone: 020 8831 6133
Fax: 020 8891 7904
Our office opening hours are Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.